Charcoal Tablets For Incense
This self-lighting charcoal is fully natural and is made from compressed coconut shell. There are 10 tablets per roll and each one burns for about 45 minutes to an hour.
To maintain freshness (quick lighting and long burn time), charcoal tablets should be stored in a cool place in an airtight package
How to use:
- To light the charcoal hold it by one edge while applying flame to the other. (The safest way to do this is to use incense tongs.) Our self-lighting charcoal will begin to crackle and pop as the surface ignites.
- Place hot charcoal into smudging bowl or other heat proof bowl. To avoid damaging your furniture make sure to place bowl on heat proof surface. Tip: Fill a heat proof incense bowl or censer with at least 2″ of sand, or natural ash. This will provide some much needed insulation for your burner. Charcoal can burn at up to 1500 degrees F!
- Wait until the charcoal is glowing red hot and is covered with grayish-white ash.
- When ready sprinkle a pinch or two (about 1/4 -1/2 teaspoon) of incense (e.g. resin, dried herbs, etc.) directly on top of the hot charcoal. The incense will begin to smolder. Be careful not to place too much incense on the charcoal or you may smother it and you’ll have to start over.
- When the smoke begins to thin out, add more incense. The charcoal will stay hot enough to burn incense for about 45 minutes to an hour.
- Make sure to never throw ashes into garbage after burning, the coal still might be hot! It is best to let the ashes sit over night or run it under water before disposing them.